FAQs / Help
You can find out more about the Mary Rose, facilities and general information here
Your ticket includes general admission to the Mary Rose which is valid for 1 year from date of purchase. If you would like to have access to an audio guide in multiple languages, simply download the Mary Rose App.
While the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard 'All Attraction' ticket no longer exists, there are various ticket options available for visitors to purchase to make the most of their experience. The Mary Rose has various combination tickets that can be purchased on site that can give discounted access to other local attractions. Additional ticket options are available for other dockyard based attractions, which can be bought on site or via the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard website.
The Mary Rose welcomes all visitors. The site is within a working Naval Base and certain areas may present difficulties to visitors who use wheelchairs, with a restricted mobility or who are visually impaired. As a safety precaution, we encourage all these visitors to be accompanied by a carer.
Registered disabled visitors to the Mary Rose should purchase an appropriate ticket according to their age. They are eligible to bring along a carer for free. A complimentary day ticket can be allocated to the carer on request at the ticket office or at the Museum front desk on the day of arrival - there is no need to prebook this.
You will be emailed an order confirmation number that will include your unique Booking Reference Number and a barcode that also contains this number. You may make a note of this number and take with you when you visit the attraction in place of a ticket, although we suggest printing out the email as this will contain a barcode which will grant you quicker access.
On completion of your online ticket purchase, you will be emailed a ticket containing a barcode and booking reference number. Present this ticket on arrival, or if you don’t have a printer, simply make a note of the Booking Reference Number.
That’s ok! If you can’t print out your ticket, simply make a note of the 8 digit booking reference and bring it with you on arrival to the Mary Rose with some form of ID.
Your ticket to The Mary Rose is valid for one year from date of purchase and your Emirates Spinnaker Tower ticket will be valid for the day of your visit. Show your confirmation email to The Mary Rose & Emirates Spinnaker Tower which will allow you entry.
If we have availability you can purchase a ticket at the Mary Rose. Please note that on busy days there may be a waiting time. If we do not have availability for that day you will be able to purchase a ticket for another day.
All general admission tickets are valid for 1 year from date of purchase. Group tickets, joint ticket packages and event tickets are valid for 1 day.
Child tickets are for children aged 5-15. Children under 5 are free of charge.
Our winter opening hours are 10:00 – 17:00 with last entry at 16:15 during the winter, which is November to March. Summer opening hours are from 10:00 – 17:30, with last entry at 16:45, from the months of April to October.
Yes, we offer 25% discount for serving personnel with proof of ID.
To find out how to reach us please click here for directions
The Mary Rose offers a café with stunning views and our Mary Rose shop. Fully accessible toilets are also available on site.
We recommend spending between 1.5-2 hours to get the most out of the museum, although you may spend more or less time depending on your schedule.
For 15 or more people in your party, we offer a discounted group rate. To enquire about a group or school visit you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 023 9281 2931.
Mary Rose Museum ‘Kids Go Free’ - Terms and Conditions
Please be aware these terms and conditions are for reference when purchasing tickets for the Mary Rose during the ‘Kids Go Free’ event.
- The ‘Kids Go Free’ offer entitles up to three children (up to and including 15 years of age) to free entry to the Mary Rose when accompanied by a full paying adult.
- Only up to three free child entrance tickets per full paying adult purchased within the valid dates of the offer. Maximum of three free child entrance tickets per transaction.
- Entrance for children under five years of age is free.
- Separate charges apply to events taking place such as the Brick By Brick LEGO® Event.
- This offer only applies to tickets purchased online directly from the Mary Rose website or those purchased in person from the Mary Rose ticket office or museum front desk during the dates of validity, both for on line and walk up purchases of tickets.
- Not to be used in-conjunction with any offers or promotions for walk-up purchases. The 10% online discount will still be applied to full priced tickets not part of the Kids Go Free offer.
- Guests under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a person aged 16 or over.
- The terms and conditions will apply irrespective of the entrance price at the time of use.
- This can only be used to purchase valid tickets between 2nd July 2018 and the 2nd September 2018.
- Please visit www.MaryRose.org for full information on events, how to plan your visit and accessibility enquiries.
- Please visit our ticketing Terms and Conditions for more information about tickets and their usage.
Brick by Brick LEGO® Event Terms & Conditions:
The construction of one 8x8 LEGO® square which will be inserted into the giant Cowdray Engraving by a member of the Mary Rose team.
To receive a 'Certificate of Participation' and a map displaying the location of constructed 8x8 LEGO® square within the overall mosaic.